Saturday, February 6, 2016

Winter Collaborative Works by Angelee Deodhar, Raveesh Varma, and Marianne Szlyk





Although, in Maryland, we have lost much of our snow, I thought it would be a good night for some snow angels...that is...Angelee Deodhar and Raveesh Varma's collaborative haibun.


                                              Collaborative Haibun : Snow Angels

darkening park-
frost bitten leaves
crackle underfoot

New Year optimism: the helplessness of childhood and adolescence shed, today  I feel less dependent on the few kindnesses of others. My unsure twenties were spent in a cold, defenseless, damp place, looking for predators in dark crevices. In my thirties. with a family and a profession, I felt there was a slot I could fit into.

I feel an abiding regret for my childhood and adolescence ,for that lost innocence as I relentlessly pushed my emotional needs aside, to take care of a future for then I would have more time. Time for what, I wonder?

I am not scared of predators anymore, but I do have a sense of loss which does not go away . So, as I greet this New Year I will forget regret and make my own adventures. Today, that sense of belonging, not to the world but to  myself makes me free.

prayers forgotten
leaf shadows shimmer
to a warbler's song


The next two pieces (a haibun and a poem) are by Angelee alone.  



She gives a definition for the first title, "Thaumaturgy" here:

Note :Thaumaturgy is the capability of a magician or a saint to work magic or miraclesIsaac Bonewits defined thaumaturgy as "The use of magic for nonreligious purposes; the art and science of 'wonder working;' using magic to actually change things in the physical world."[1] It is sometimes translated into English as wonderworking.

Angelee provided some music for "Thaumaturgy":

Steve Miller Band - Fly Like an Eagle,1976 

Eagle Feather - Native American music 

Her poem  "Namu-amida-butsu" is below:



Notes :zazen (literally "seated meditation";  is a meditative discipline which can be regarded as a means of insight into the nature of existence.

Namu-Amida-Butsu  is the Japanese version of the original Sanskrit term Namo Amitabha Buddhaya, which means “I take refuge (entrust) in the Buddha of Immeasurable Life and Light.” http://buddhistfaith.tripod.com/beliefs/id9.html

The music for "Namu-amida-butsu" follows:

Om namo Buddhaya (Ehre sei dem Erwachten).

GREATEST BUDDHA MUSIC of All Time - Buddhism Songs | Dharani | Mantra for Buddhist, Sound of Buddha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u2Kdj2io3M Best Buddha Wisdom Quotes & Music Playlist

I'll finish with a haibun that Angelee created, transforming a poem of mine that was published in Silver Birch Press' Same Name series:



Here is a link to my poem as it was originally published:

https://silverbirchpress.wordpress.com/2016/01/19/in-pale-november-poem-by-marianne-szlyk-same-name-poetry-and-prose-series/

Angelee provided links to some classical music:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtHQvPk753E
NOVEMBER ADAGIO CLASSICAL VERSION - MUSIC GEORGE KARTSONAKIS

 VIVALDI "The Four Seasons" - Autumn

Stimming - November Morning (Brandenburgisches Staatsorchester Version) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMbvcp480Y4
Adagio in G Minor (Albinoni) The Adagio in G minor for violin, strings and organ continuo, is a neo-Baroque composition popularly attributed to the 18th century Venetian master Tomaso Albinoni, but in fact composed almost entirely by the 20th century musicologist and Albinoni biographer Remo Giazotto.

Beethoven - Silencio

20 comments:

  1. Dear Marianne ,Thank you for this opportunity to be on the same page as you and Raveesh.Thanks John,love and light angelee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and thank you for the privilege of being in the same entry as yourself and Raveesh....

      Delete
    2. Congratulations to all; "refracts, deflects, diffracts each point of light differently"... gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. I agree with John. An artistic feast this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also agree with john and jo... as i ws reading along i sensed innocence, spirit, stregth and most importantly beeautiful poetry , magical biography and talent of the highest genre,,, to marianne , angelee and raveesh your writing is a celebration..... you are the persons of honour tonight as i read,,,, glad to be part of your fellow writers..... beautiful.congratulations are in order as always to marianne szlyk,Angelee Deodhar and Raveesh Varma's for their angelic proses .....ritamarie recine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thank you folks but my head is so swollen,I can't get in or out of the room...:) angelee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Marianne, Angelee, and Raavesh,

    What a beautiful collaboration both in word and art. Hope to continue enjoying work by all of you.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen You and Marianne have given Raveesh and me a great boost,thank you for your kind words,angelee

      Delete
    2. Thank you so very much, Karen and Angelee. :)

      Delete
  6. There is certainly great magic afoot in these pieces! Wonderful work.

    warm regards,

    Alan
    http://area17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Alan,coming from you it means a lot,love and light,angelee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really inspiring ! Very creative ! Love the way you write Angelee !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful pieces put together ! What a treat for the readers

    Warmly
    arvinder

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant collaboration! Simply in love with your haibun dear Angelee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delightful. I feel like I am at home here. The artistic creation twined with words of deep poetic expression are a joy to experience. Nice work, Angelee, Raveesh, and Marianne. I really enjoyed my visit.

    Continued blessings to you all!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Arvinder,Dear Yesha and dear Rev. Reynolds,Thank you for your kind encouraging words.Marianne has helped make us feel at home here.Raveesh and I are grateful to her and to you all for the love, and lightangelee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very interesting works here. I loved the winter verses.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you,Raamesh,very kind of you to comment,best wishes,angelee

    ReplyDelete