Sunday, January 6, 2019

Sharon Dina Rose Regala and Carl Scharwath!

Photograph by Carl Scharwath


Tonight, at last, I'd like to post a collaboration between the Filipina poet Sharon Dina Rose Regala and the Floridian photographer (and poet) Carl Scharwath.  It's wonderful to see the synergy between word and image.

Marooned


Life blooms
In the most unexpected
Places.
Bent
on being without
Purpose,
Now lies
With the richness
Of this Earth.
Rustic beauty,
Now holds
Such transformation.

-- Sharon Dina Rose Regala

Photograph by Carl Scharwath

Before You Go...
Let's pretend,
We're still in love.
Touch me,
where it hurts the most.
Bring me to heights
like you used to.
...and I'll pretend,
it's still me,
You're making love with..
...but please,
don't call out her name...
...and please,
Kiss me just once,
So I'll remember you...
then walk away...
Don't look back,
Don't look my way...
...not even once,
Not even a glance.

-- Sharon Dina Rose Regala

Photograph by Carl Scharwath

Oh, to you
Goddess
Of my marvelous night!
To you I owe
My other life.
The life
I owe,
I offer you
with delight.
Come...
Claim and own me...
Bathe my skin,
Lavish me
With your darkness.
Touch my spirit
With your
mystical charm
Oh, divine
Solitude...
Cloak my soul
With your mystery,
Blanket this temple with the stars
and the whole of the galaxy.
The darker the night has become,
The clearer my naked eyes could see..
You, mystifying Moon...
The majestic wonder
of the black-velvet sky is born.


-- Sharon Dina Rose Regala

My husband is more of a Carmen McRae fan than I am, but this song works well with Sharon's second poem:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5izfGj0oQ0

Ah ha, I knew Dusty Springfield covered this song, too:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxQtl3kKZKQ

I'm going to add Dusty's "The Look of Love" as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf1d65OHYXo

I'm going to finish with Karen Carpenter's "If I Had You": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4kD2xF3Ewg



No comments:

Post a Comment