Friday, November 6, 2015

More Poems by Pijush Kanti Deb


This evening I'd like to post some new poems by the Indian poet Pijush Kanti Deb.  He has appeared in nearly 100 different poetry journals, and most recently JD DeHart has interviewed him for Profiles in Poetry Literary Zine.

The Provisional Paradise
         By     Pijush Kanti Deb

At any time and place
a tumultuous gang of bellicose
makes the peace-loving flesh creep
to nowhere
but need not to be worried
as today the scaring is tired
and enjoying a nap
leaving its thundering weapons aside
making the day a red letter day
for the peace-loving lives
to spend it in dancing and singing
covering the stains of blood-shedding
with their dust of their mirthful shoes
and giving the innocents a peaceful night
to dream of a heart-soothing paradise
to be built in the next morning
Alas!
The sun rises again
but along with a godless morning
showing diplomatically a big dining table
with beautiful dishes thereon
collocated some with fish and some with meat
and the rest with nothing
and hiding a time bomb too
somewhere
in the heart of  the provisional paradise.



The Five Senses And The Fled Fish
                  By Pijush Kanti Deb

Assuming the golden sunrise
and the colorful rainbow
standing in the sky
against the invasion of black clouds
with the flying colors
as the beginning of a good day
a mysterious hand
blooms the five senses together
saying, ‘’Enjoy my greatness,
I’m caught in your net”
and makes the five senses curious
to look here and there
by their naked eyes,
through the restless machines
and by peaceful meditation by turns.
Alas!
They find nothing fantastic or celestial
except a big hole
in their net to kill their curiosity
and give birth to a popular conclusion
‘’The fled fish is always colossal’’.





Atonement
              By Pijush Kanti Deb

Today I must win the final match
against my beloved opponent
who has been winning so far against me
and making me happy
to add my hidden smile
with his invisible smile
but making my supporters-
my parent and close friends
sad to subtract their smiles
from their lips
and prizes from my luck
like
treasuries of seven kings,
a wingless fairy from the fairy land
and above all
smiling faces of my parent
and of other nearest and dearest
germinating a feeling of atonement in my heart.
‘’ I must win today’’,
it’s my promise
though it will hurt me and my opponent
but our hidden tears will be dried up
by the sweet heat of my mirthful supporters.

---------------

In the meantime, the fall/winter contests continue.  I would like to post a few songs to inspire you.  Let's begin with some Latin jazz:

Danilo Perez is one of my husband's favorites: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KK__zBHnSc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do1jSdg7CU8

Dizzy Gillespie's "Con Alma" fits both contests: Latin jazz and musicians born in the 1900s and 1910s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLUyVyM626A

I know I've posted "Manteca" before, but here it is again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5tRGMHfKrE

For more information about the fall/winter contests, see the link below:
http://thesongis.blogspot.com/2015/09/welcome-to-fallwinter-contests.html

No comments:

Post a Comment